JDRF has partnered with Riding on Insulin (ROI) to invite the local T1D community (ages 8 and over) to the first-ever One Challenge. ROI hosts ski/snowboard and mountain bike camps for T1Ds and their siblings across the U.S. and Canada. These camps are designed to empower, activate and connect the T1D community through shared experience and action sports. In addition to establishing a comfortable environment, they strive to help families explore new passions, challenge T1D, and celebrate each other’s successes. On May 19th at the US National Whitewater Center, we will prove together that there are no limits for those living with type 1 diabetes.
- FOR THOSE LIVING WITH T1D/ Sibling/ Spouse: This 1-day adventure offers you the chance to conquer "stereotypes" with your peers through mountain biking (AM session), whitewater rafting, ropes courses, or rock climbing (you’ll pick one for the afternoon session). ROI staff & volunteers will be there to coach you every step of the way!
- FOR THOSE WHO LOVE SOMEONE WITH T1D: This 1-day adventure will equip you with a morning of adrenaline- fueled fun: whitewater rafting, ropes courses, or rock climbing (you'll pick one). Your afternoon will focus on education, networking, and connection with others who love a T1D.
* Our hope with splitting participants into two tracks based on connection is to encourage everyone to share their unique experience of T1D along with the challenges.
We’re thrilled to announce that professional snowboarder, Sean Busby, will be the motivational keynote speaker of the day. RIDING ON INSULIN was born out of Sean's desire to give back to kids who inspired him to keep snowboarding after his own complicated diagnosis of T1D. Diagnosed with T1D at age 19, he read stories online of kids and teens living with the disease through JDRF's event, Children's Congress. He figured if they could do it (and know life no different), then surely so could he. He wanted to give back to those kids for inspiring him.
Spend ONE DAY with your ONE COMMUNITY and take on ONE CHALLENGE.
REGISTER AT: https://jdrfonechallengeroi.eventbrite.com
8:30 AM: Registration opens
9:00 AM – Welcome to the One Challenge
10:00 – T1Ds/ Siblings/ Spouse - Mountain Biking with ROI and the team
- Those who love a T1D - adventure or networking
12:00 – Lunch with Sean Busby and Vendor Fair
1:30 – T1Ds/Siblings/ Spouse - Afternoon Adventure (choosen by participate)
- Those who love a T1D – Living BIG One Challenge at a Time with Anne Sutton
3:00 – Closing
3:15-- Group Picture